The North American Paul Tillich Society
The North American Paul Tillich Society is dedicated to the study of
the thought of Paul Tillich (1886-1965) and the application of his works
to other areas of human knowledge.
The 2013 Annual Meeting
The Annual Meeting of the North American Paul Tillich Society took
place in Baltimore, Maryland, November 22nd and 23rd, 2013. The
meeting was held in conjunction with the American Academy of Religion,
November 23rd to 26th.
The 2014 Annual Meeting will be held in San Diego, California.
2014 Events of Interest
- • Programs for the Annual Meeting in Baltimore: The NAPTS Meeting and the AAR Tillich Group Meeting
- • The Annual Banquet of the North American Paul Tillich Society
- • In Memoriam: Robert P. Scharlemann by Mary Ann Stenger and Annette Neblett Evans
- • New Publications
- • A Reminder about Dues
- • “Tillich’s Systematic Theology as an Educational Resource for a Comparative Critical Dialogue on Peace-Making” by Peter Slater
- • “Paul Tillich and Paul Ricœur on the Meaning of ‘Philosophical Theology’ Introduction” by Michael Sonn
- • “Tillich and Intellectual Disability: Adequacy of Accounts of Faith” by Courtney Wilder
- • “Belief Without Borders: Theological Perspectives on the Rise in ‘Nones’” by Linda Mercadante
- • “Music as Theology: Using Tillich’s Theology of Culture to Understand the Prophetic and Theological in Popular Music” by Meredith A. Holladay